Kerastase Chroma Sensitive Cleansing Balm 3-Month Followup: Color-Treated Gals, This One’s a Keeper


If I freak out a little when I realize I’m almost out of a product, it’s usually a pretty good indicator of how I feel about it. Yesterday in the shower when I reached for my hot pink bottle o’ Kerastase Chroma Sensitive Cleansing Balm ($42 for a 6.8-oz. bottle) and noticed how light the bottle felt, I let out a sad little mewl. “Noooo.”
It was almost gone. :(
I started using the stuff, a silicone-free, low-foam and low-friction cleanser for color-treated hair, back in March. Unlike regular shampoos designed for color-treated hair, it adds special deep conditioners to the mix of mild cleansing agents. The blend is 1/4 cleansing agent, 3/4 deep conditioner, and Kerastase claims the brew gently washes hair while preventing pigments from escaping, thereby keeping your color intact.
After three months with it, I’m sold. I’m convinced it’s helped my hair color last longer. I went lighter a couple months ago with caramel highlights, and I think they still look bright, where with other products they probably would have looked a little brassy by now, and my darker base color still looks rich enough for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment