L’Occitane’s Petal Eye Quartet Paints a Pastel Picture of a Cool-Toned, Watercolor World


loccitane pivoine petals eye quartet
I must admit, I giggled a little when I read the inspiration behind the new L’Occitane Pivoine Flora collection. They call it “a graceful peony which dances like a ballerina in the Mediterranean breeze.” :) Okay, I’m a card-carrying queen of cheese, and I live for Hallmark movies, but that might even be too much queso for me.
Well, that’s what I thought…until I set my eyes on the limited edition release. The delicate pastels, watercolor imagery and nubby texture on the compacts all paint a picture in my mind that lines up fairly well with the one L’Occitane describes. It’s a dainty (albeit cheesy) world filled with floating flowers and other things that are soft, sweet and feminine — very Paul & Joe meets old-school Stila — and it’s a gaw-geous visual feast for any packaging lover’s eyes.

LOccitane Pivoine Flora makeup collection
A few pieces from the L’Occitane Pivoine Flora collection
The 16-piece L’Occitane Pivoine Flora makeup collection includes…
  • Duo Eyeshadow ($16; available in 2 combinations)
  • Petals Eye Quartet ($26)
  • Healthy Glow Face Powder ($28)
  • Lipstick ($15; available in four shades)
  • Lip Shine ($14; available in 4 shades)
  • Incredible Lip Shine ($12)
  • Facecolor Cream Duo ($16; available in 3 shades)
I spent some one-on-one time getting to know the Petals Eye Quartet ($26) last weekend. With its delicate, cool-toned mauves, purples and pinks, its a girly girl’s palette through and through.
Um, how sweet are those ballerinas on the front? Now look closely at the dresses; each one corresponds to a shadow inside.
This was my first liaison with L’Occitane makeup, but from what I’ve seen here, the eyeshadows bear a strong resemblance to Stila’s. I consider that a pretty good thing. They have a similarly soft, powdery texture and sheer-to-medium pigmentation. All four of the shades blend well, but I do notice some minor fallout beneath my eyes. Applied atop a layer of trusty NARS Pro-Prime, they last about six hours without any creasing, and with minimal fading, on me (I have combination skin).
loccitane pivoine petals eye quartet
loccitane pivoine petals eye quartet

0 comments:

Post a Comment